Hand Knotted Mala – TBD
Skill: To design and hand knot a 108 bead semi-precious stone mala
Skill level: Intermediate Ages 12 +
- this class requires fine detail work and patience
- remember your glasses if you need visual assistance.
When: Sunday March 3rd 1-4pm.
- Follow up class available Sunday March 10th 10-11 am.
Class Size: 6 students max.
Course Fee: $25.00 for instruction time secures your space in the class.
+ Materials Kit: Bring your own or purchase ours for $20.00
- Knotting pliers
- bead needle – (very thin- not a regular sewing needle)
+ Course materials will cost approx. $50-100. (10% discount for course material will be applied at time of purchase with paid registration)
Choose elaborate or simple depending on your taste and budget.
SEE NOTES BELOW.
- Silk cording #8 or #10
- This style of mala does not support regular thin bead thread.
- 108 similarly sized beads
- 6 mm for a shorter mala
- 8mm for a long mala
- A combination of the two sizes for a unique mala
- 3+ breath beads
- The reminder beads that bring you back to your intention or remind you to breathe
- Guru bead
- The mountain or god/goddess bead. The focal point on your mala.
- Tassel material - bring your own or use ours. We have embroidery thread and some yarn available.
Come into West Coast Creative Spirits during business hours to choose and purchase your beads. If you give us 3 weeks’ notice, we may be able to special order beads on your behalf.
The store will be open 1 hour early on the day of the course to purchase your beads and spend extra time on design your layout. Just remember if you leave your bead choices to the last minute your selection may be limited.
Tea, coffee and fun provided.
No Refunds available but Course Fees can be transferred to another class run by Sand and Sea Design Company with 48 hours cancellation notice.